Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Life as a national pariah
ARH
Super Administrator

mad.gif posted on 6-7-2020 at 03:43 PM
Life as a national pariah

I am in no way surprised that the Melbourne outbreaks are happening where they are. It's basically the designated ghettos of Victoria, where somewhere along the lines of time, the city forgot that town planning was still a thing.

I suspect the Victorian economy is going to get hammered for this for some time yet.

Repent!

The darkest hour of Humanity is upon us. The world
shall meet it's end and we shall be submerged into a
new dark age. Repent your sins, for the apocalypse,
and the end, is extremely f@#king nigh!
ARH
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
6-7-2020 at 03:44 PM
ARH
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-7-2020 at 04:04 AM

Not gonna lie, I have mixed feelings about being locked down again for another six weeks.

I've been essentially liking my time in Melbourne untill I was no longer allowed to leave, but now it would be nice to be somewhere else...

Repent!

ARH
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-8-2020 at 07:23 PM

Aaand things are going from bad to worse.

The crux of the problem seems to be people on casual work, earning close to or at minimum wage, who don't want to risk unemployment by calling in sick in the middle of a pandemic. That and the security guards at the hotel quarantine who were fucking someone in quarantine who was infected, then spreading the virus.

We have an economy that has attempted to optimise itself for efficiency rather than resilience, and the down side of this is really starting to show. And despite the actual state of the real economy, the stock market (stock markets world wide really...) have managed to remain conspicuously high.

There is going to need to be some serious rethink on how our economy operates, or more to the point, who it operates for.

Repent!

bug2

[*] posted on 3-8-2020 at 12:09 PM

You want resilience, produce more Goods in Australia, and anywhere other than the PRC.

IF you look at KMART, and it's sister companies, they have an almost total reliance on Chinese-manufactured Goods under a generic brand name from a variety of Chinese sub-contractors. The common thread is that their goods are cheap-as-shit, won't last too long, but then again you don't really notice the fact you are replacing stuff four times as frequently as you did previously; that applies whether you are buying manufactured goods (rice cookers, microwaves, etc.) or clothing of any variety.

People are, inherently, tight-arses, always looking for a deal.

The fact your "deal" has closed manufacturing in Australia, and given you second-class Goods, and that's being generous, is of no concern..........until now, and now suddenly, everyone wants Buy Australian.

Well, it ain't gonna happen overnight IF, indeed, it ever happens?
magnify

[*] posted on 3-8-2020 at 02:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ARH  
There is going to need to be some serious rethink on how our economy operates, or more to the point, who it operates for.

Equity markets are a rigged national chest beating exercise these days, divorced from economic trends and conditions (including debt load, investment, product development, and price to earnings ratios). The players are all a protected species. The Govt IDs the largest most consolidated bankrupt turds and declare them vital to national interest. No market mechanisms operate for them, just endless interest free 'loans', plus govt stock buying manipulation to prop-up the minute by minute core stock price trend.

As long as everyone believes that's possible and fundamentals don't matter, it's possible and fundamentals don't matter. You're supposedly guaranteed to not lose too much, as a collapse (theoretically) will not be permitted and can be stopped by closing the market for the day at 5% to 10% down. So flood it with free loans to the top of the food-chain to get the bid and buying level back in the required range for the following day.

What else are they going to do? Let everyone's retirement savings and superannuation fund get nuked, 3 or 4 times a year?

The main problem I see is that most of what the fake market "buys 'n sells" is not a real product, it is an abstraction, a derived (derivative) 'product' which has no physical reality and no innate value to anyone, other then that someone else thinks its worth something redeemable in an exchange for something else.

But the derivatives exist only as a vehicle and means to permit a bet to be made on their perceived value. Betting on a fiction is now called 'investment', into a capital 'market'.

That's a long way from funding a business to make a competitive product, and jobs at a profit. Much too slow and worthwhile, so the crooks create derived 'markets' instead, and the Govt now props up the crooks scams.

Sharpening MAGA rhetoric for another election is not going to fix that. The protected-species crooks are calling the financial shots of whole countries, in every Western State, and that's completely trashing the rightful legal role of capital markets as a real investment mechanism, for real products, producing real profitable jobs and careers in the process. Plus it is destroying the available capital for what would have been actual investors in real stuff, and real jobs.

Once the private capital is slain all that's left is Govt printing for the crooks, to buy more of everything.

That's the real 'swamp' that needs to be drained.

Derivatives are a global house of cards, pull on one part of them and the lot collapse, so nothing is done, and it continues to destroy capital markets for real investments.
ARH
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 20-10-2020 at 01:38 AM

After more than three months, I have finally been able to get a haircut. I have never felt this beautiful before in my entire life!:kiss::love:

Repent!

ARH
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 26-10-2020 at 03:03 PM

And there I was thinking Sydney's lockout laws were bad...

Repent!

Go To Top